Monday, September 22, 2014

Diva CZT Weekly Challenge #186: String Theory - leaves, leaves, leaves

This week we were challenged to use a leaf or leaves as a string. I used one from the wisteria vine that covers our back deck. It took quite a few tangles to complete it, but I am happy with it. I used 4 Corners (Barbara Finwall), Bask-it (Anna Houston), Crescent Moon, Dragonair (Norma Burnell), Garlic Cloves (Fru Billedkunst), Hi-Cs (Anita Roby-Lavery), Inapod (Carole Ohl), and Sprigs (Michele Beauchamp).

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the tangles you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used a lovely mix of patterns. Is it Dragonair just above Crescent Moon? I like the background too - what did you use, pencil crayons? Whatever you used, it makes a lovely subtle background for the leaf to lie on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggibee! I used Derwent Inktense pencils. They lay down really nice color. Dragonair is the one above Crescent Moon, I just discovered it not that long ago and really like it.

      Delete
  3. Pretty leaves and the color in the background sets them off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely shape of the leaf that you have chosen. Nice tangling and I love the background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great to color the background, and do just some tangling on the leaves. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You used some of my favorite tangles here! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty tile! Wonderful background and tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hi-C looks like swords! And the...is it garlic cloves, the one that looks like a sprig of flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi HeidiSue, the one with the stick & flowers is Sprig, the one on top that sort of looks like Facets is Garlic Cloves.

      Delete
  9. Lovely! My wisteria is just about to flower - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please be kind and constructive! (: